Our Massachusetts Home Building Process
1. I will conduct a preliminary interview to discuss what type of home you want. This discussion will include family and lifestyle considerations, size requirements, special amenities, exterior and interior finishes, lot requirements, and budget. I will schedule additional meetings as necessary.
2. From these discussions, I will develop a set of preliminary plans, and a preliminary cost estimate. Our building staff will devote up to 5 hours at no charge to generate this information. I hold a valid Builders License and an HIC-(Home Improvement Contractor) License in Massachusetts and use our sophisticated computer-aided design package to create home plans. [I am not an architect or professional home designer but have gained proficiency through years of "hands-on" framing; roofing, siding and interior finish woodwork experience] Should your plans require professional services for design/structural requirements I will advise you and assist in finding the services required.
3. After my presentation to you of the preliminary information, I will discuss concerns, modifications, suggestions and options. If you desire to move forward in the design process and want to create an initial set of working plans, I ask for an $800 deposit. This deposit will enable up to 10 additional hours of design time to refine the plan and prepare a final cost estimate. Any additional time required to finalize plan changes will be billed at $75 per hour.
4. I will develop a detailed written contract, which describes our building process, details specifications and allowances, and clearly enumerates the responsibilities of all parties. 3-dimensional images of the home will be generated, bringing the plan to life, and showing what the finished home will look like.
5. The following documents are a part of our contract with the buyer and I review these documents in detail with you before you sign a contract:
House Plans, Building Contract, Specifications and Allowances Sheet, Builder's Warranty
6. Throughout the Massachusetts home building process, I encourage you to participate and visit the work site. If you have any questions, call me. I am typically reachable from 6:00 A.M. to 8:00 P.M. - I want your input. While I hope that I have thought of everything up front, you may change your mind. I would be happy to make changes to meet your wishes. The process for making changes is spelled out in detail in the Building Contract.
7. Once you move in, I am with you throughout the warranty period. It is our job to make sure you are happy with your new home and if you are not satisfied, I am not satisfied.
You have a big choice to make. It is going to be your dream home. Make the right choice with VBuilt Custom Homes.
Our Massachusetts Home Building Services
- Home Building
- Custom Homes
- Custom Lighting
- Custom Flooring
- Custom Cabinetry
- Home Designing
- Custom Home Designing
- Building Estimates
- Design Estimates
Why Massachusetts Should Hire Us For Home Building
The expert Massachusetts Home Builders at VBuilt Custom Homes specialize in all areas of residential construction that include owner representation, home building, remodeling, kitchen remodeling, bathroom remodeling as well as complete design/build services. Our trusted contractors utilize experience, team work, and leadership that allow them to excel in the construction process. Having over 36 years in the industry means that we have a reputable reputation for providing top notch construction services when our clients need them.
Recent Home Building Articles
- What Are The Advantages Of Hiring A Halifax Construction Manager
- The Cape Attic Remodeling Ideas and Considerations